Wednesday, August 25, 2010

You're never too old to be giddy! Or to get married!!!!

After living together for almost five years, Scott asked me to marry him this weekend. It was very romantic...we were at Lover's Point in Pacific Grove (near Monterey, CA) and he did the whole getting down on one knee and everything!!!

He's a wonderful man.......and he supports my quilting habit! Ha! I have to admit......it's been a LONG time since I've had to think about a wedding. There's alot to do! Luckily we're having a small ceremony/reception so it shouldn't be too much to worry about. Guess the most important things we have to figure out are where and when. Ooooh, and dress shopping! That should be fun (I hope).

Now it's time to hit the treadmill......I've definitely packed on a few pounds over the last few years and I've gotten get those extras off so I can fit into a dress. Wish me luck!

Stacy

3 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! That is so exciting. Love the flower petals and waterfront view. How romantic. Best Wishes. L,A-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! And you do not look old. Just elope. That is basically what I did and I do not regret it at all. We called our parents and said that we were getting married on such-and-such day if they would like to come. And we did. That was 15 years ago. As you know, my dress was bright blue. $40 on sale at a department store. I still have it. Happy memories. I wish you the very best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting!!! Congratulations :)
    lv,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete