Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I hate it when I run out of fabric before I finish my project














Has this happened to you before? I finally got this project out so I could FINALLY finish and realized that I'm shy the slightest amount of the green dot. DARN! So it's off to the fabric store to see if I can find more.

And as if that's not irritating enough, it happened a second time. I started a scrappy table runner with Halloween fabric and ran out of the green check. So I added the black circle piece and I kind of like it because it looks like an eyeball. Spooooooooky!



I started this super cute heart quilt from the Moda Bake Shop. I'm using Candy Kisses from Sandy Gervais and I have enough jelly rolls strips to make more than one. This quilt goes together super quick so I'm definitely going to make multiples.

This little stitchery is going to become one of many Christmas ornaments for my family. I'm making one for each household and since this my first year as a married gal, I think I'll continue this each year. Next year the ornament will read Wish. The green flannel will be the border. What do you think?



My dad passed away about 20 years ago and his friend found this baby quilt of mine in my dad's stuff. She thought I should have it and I can't thank her enough for giving it to me. My parents has been divorced a long time and apparently my dad kept this quilt on his dresser. I didn't know my dad very well so this made me feel wonderful and sad at the same time. I love the funky fabrics and especially the backing. I wish I knew who made it for me.

Here is my September block for Little Miss Shabby's project. I am loving this BOM and have even kept up with the stitcheries. I can't wait till I get to stitch them all together.

Happy Tuesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment